These are pretty much “seven layer bars” but there are only six layers because I don’t like the butterscotch chips. This recipe is so easy and based on this recipe.
What you need:
- 1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1 stick of butter, unsalted
- 1 14-oz. can of sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cups coconut flakes
- 1 cup chopped nuts
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the stick of butter into a 13 x 9 inch baking pan and place it in oven– let it melt, but make sure it doesn’t burn– about 5 minutes.
- Pound some graham crackers in a large zip-lock bag until you have a cup and a half.
- Take the melted butter and baking pan out of the oven
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs into the butter in the pan until all the crumbs are buttered, then press into an even layer at the bottom of the pan
- Cover with the sweetened condensed milk.
- Cover the milk with the chocolate chips
- Cover the chips with the coconut.
- Cover the coconut with the nuts.
- Lightly press down on the conglomerate with your fingers or the back of a clean measuring cup.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let cool in pan before cutting.
*The edges will be quite crispy which I like, but if you don’t, you can line the pan with aluminum foil.